Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) Mandate
The CMS has released this mandate in order to reduce the number of reported cases of contamination from Legionella pneumophila in healthcare facilities. An effective WMP program can prevent the growth of Legionella and other opportunistic waterborne pathogens, such as non-tuberculous Mycobacterium (NMT), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter, Burkholderia, Stenotrophomonas, and fungi. Aerobiology Laboratory has over 20 years of experience testing for these pathogens.
The test codes required for compliance with the CMS mandate include:
- -6009 Pseudomonas aeruginosa, TAT 3-5 days
- -1138 Acinetobacter species, TAT 3-5 days
- -1096 NMT (Non-Tuberculosis Mycobacteria), TAT 6 weeks
- -1032 Fungal Water Culture with ID, TAT 5-7 days
- -1130.3 Clinical Pathogens, TAT 3-7 days Burkholderia
Aerobiology offers two type of kits depending on your need. One kit complies with the CMS mandate and the second one complies with the CMS mandate with the additional analysis for Legionella. Both are available on the AeroSTORE.