Lab Tech I – Denver, CO
The Laboratory Technician I position has dual responsibilities — firstly, you will be involved in sample preparation (filtration, dilution, and plating); sample incubation of all culturable analysis; slide preparation for all non-viable samples; and other technical duties as assigned by the Lab Supervisor.
Secondly, as Administrative Support you will also receive and process incoming environmental samples – either delivered by our clients or through the mail – in our proprietary LIMS database and/or Excel; handle the phones; communicate with clients via email or when they come in; order supplies; take care of sample shipping, as needed; data entry and report generation.
- – Knowledge of sterile techniques used in laboratory methods; serial dilutions, plating, etc.
- – Proficiency in high volume data entry with excel and/or computer database (we will train you in our LIMS)
- – Great customer relations and communication skills
- – Attention to detail
- – Typing – minimum of 65 wpm. Candidates will be tested during the interview process.
- – Associate’s Degree OR Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) in a life science concentration with proven laboratory course work (preferably life sciences).
- – Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Lab Tech in a work environment.