Dulles. VA: Accounting Assistant - Aerobiology Laboratory
On Mar 9 2018
We don’t just like what we do at Aerobiology, we love it! We are looking for someone who loves the challenge of Accounting and who is great at what they do. You will be part of a great team in this location – our headquarters facility in Dulles, Virginia – and in the company as a whole. If you love your career in Accounting, if you like working with people who enjoy what they do, and can appreciate a company with many long-time employees, then this is the place for you!
Your primarily responsibility will be to process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as invoices, billings, employee reimbursements, vendor statements; review and code financial information; compile and review information for accuracy; and maintain records. The work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office applications and analytical skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Matching invoices to purchase orders.
• Coding and entering invoices.
• Processing timely payments by checks and credit cards.
• Processing monthly employee expense reports
• Reconciling credit card statements
• Researching and resolving accounts payable or accounts receivable issues with clients or vendors
• Assisting with monthly commission reports for sales teams
• Maintaining accounting records by making copies and filing documents.
• Sorting out incoming and outgoing daily mails.
• Potential training for accounts receivable and payroll processing
• Other duties assigned by the Controller
• Bachelor or Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance OR minimum of 2 year’s full-time work experience in
• Strong communication, customer service and organizational skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
• Familiar with QuickBooks, Peachtree
• Strong reporting and analytical skills
• Although not a requirement, experience with QuickBooks is plus
• Other requirements:
• All hires will need to confirm their eligibility to work in the United States by participating in the USCIS
• Candidates will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug and background screen
Aerobiology Laboratory Associates was established in 1997 to meet the specific needs of indoor air quality specialists and industrial hygienists by providing responsive and cost effective environmental microbiology laboratory services. Aerobiology Laboratory’s focus has remained constant: dedication to the highest quality scientific standards and a passion for our clients. It is this level of commitment that has gained Aerobiology the reputation of being a leader among indoor air quality laboratories.
Aerobiology Laboratory Associates is a privately-owned company with its company headquarters located in Dulles, VA. We also have AIHA accredited locations in Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Pennsauken Township, NJ; Huntington Beach, CA; Fort Lauderdale, FL; and a Service Center in New York City. Our Sales Headquarters is located in San Diego, CA
Our benefit package includes company-subsidized Medical, Dental/Vision, FREE Life Insurance, and voluntary benefits such as Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, and other employee-paid benefits. 401(k) enrollment is offered after 6 months of employment and we offer a matching contribution. You will have a total of six (6) paid Legal Holidays per year, and an additional two (2) paid company days per year. Also included is two (2) weeks of paid vacation/year and you will also accrue sick time.