Dulles, VA: Administrative Support - Aerobiology Laboratory
On Dec 6 2017
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking to hire an Administrative Support person. This individual enters data in our LIMS; contacts clients concerning their samples, chain-of-custody questions, or TAT; may send out supplies and packages to clients; and provides general administrative support to the entire Dulles lab staff. If necessary, may assist the Lab Technician with overflow.
PLEASE NOTE: This is essentially a data entry/customer service position in an environmental laboratory; we are not a medical lab.
Please do not call or visit the laboratory. Our Human Resources Department is off-site. We review all resumes that are submitted.
We are looking for someone who is dependable, reliable, and takes pride in their work.
• 75 WPM typing skills at a minimum (will be tested at interview)
• Proficiency in high volume data entry with excel and/or computer database (we will train you in our LIMS)
• Great customer relations and communication skills
• Excellent time management skills (proactive)
• Capable of multi-tasking
• Attention to detail
• One (1) year of college in a science concentration (preferably life sciences); OR
• High school degree with a minimum of one (1) year of experience working in a commercial, university, governmental, or environmental laboratory; work experience in a clinical laboratory is acceptable.
• All hires will need to confirm their eligibility to work in the United States by participating in the USCIS e-Verify program
• Candidates will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug and background screen