Fort Lauderdale, FL: Lab Tech I (part-time) - Aerobiology Laboratory
On Oct 5 2018
NOTE: This job is a combination of Lab Tech duties and administrative support (data entry/related administrative tasks). In addition, you should enjoy working with a small staff complement.
Work schedule will be Monday thru Friday, 11:00 am to 3:00 pm – total of 20 hours/week.
Our Fort Lauderdale laboratory is almost 2 years old and we have found that with increased business, our needs are growing. You will be part of a great team in the lab and in the company as a whole. If you love life sciences, if you like working with people who enjoy what they do, and can appreciate a company with many long-time employees, then this is the place for you!
The Laboratory Technician I position has dual responsibilities — firstly, you will be involved in sample preparation (filtration, dilution, and plating); sample incubation of all culturable analysis; slide preparation for all non-viable samples; and other technical duties as assigned by the Lab Manager.
Secondly, as Administrative Support you will also receive and process incoming environmental samples – either delivered by our clients or through the mail – in our proprietary LIMS database and/or Excel; handle the phones; communicate with clients via email or when they come in; order supplies; take care of sample shipping, as needed; data entry and report generation.
• Knowledge of sterile techniques used in laboratory methods; serial dilutions, plating, etc.
• Proficiency in high volume data entry with excel and/or computer database (we will train you in our LIMS)
• Great customer relations and communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Typing – minimum of 65 wpm. Candidates will be tested during the interview process.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred OR Associate’s Degree in a life science concentration with proven laboratory course work (preferably life sciences).
• Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Lab Tech in a work environment.
• All hires will need to confirm their eligibility to work in the United States by participating in the USCIS e-Verify program
• Candidates will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug and background screen
We are a privately-owned company with company headquarters located in Dulles, VA. We also have AIHA accredited locations in Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Pennsauken Township, NJ; Huntington Beach, CA; Fort Lauderdale, FL; and Downers Grove, IL. Our Supply Center is located in Morrisville, North Carolina. Sales Headquarters is located in San Diego, CA. We also have a Service Center in New York City that receives client samples for distribution to our laboratories.
Our benefit package for part-time employees includes eight (8) Paid Legal/Company Holidays yearly, Vacation accrual, Sick Leave accrual, and matching 401(k).