Huntington Beach: Administrative Support (Business Specialist) - Aerobiology Laboratory
On Sep 28 2018
Please provide your salary expectation when submitting your resume.
This is essentially a customer service and data entry position in an environmental laboratory – we are not a medical lab. We are looking for someone who enjoys working with a small staff complement.
Please do not call or visit the laboratory. Our Human Resources Department is off-site. We review all resumes that are submitted.
Our laboratory is easily accessible since we are located minutes from the 405 Freeway.
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking to fill the Business Specialist position in our Huntington Beach laboratory. The Business Specialist enters data in our LIMS; contacts clients concerning their samples, chain-of-custody questions, or TAT; may send out supplies and packages to clients; and provides general administrative support to the entire Huntington Beach lab staff. If necessary, may assist the Lab Technician with overflow.
We are looking for someone who is dependable, reliable, quick-thinker, and takes pride in their work.
• 65 WPM typing skills at a minimum (will be tested at interview)
• Proficiency in high volume data entry with excel and/or computer database (we will train you in our LIMS)
• Great customer relations and communication skills
• Excellent time management skills (proactive)
• Capable of multi-tasking
• Attention to detail
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) OR Associate Degree in Biology or other life science
• Minimum 1 year of work experience in a commercial environment (retail or restaurant experience does not qualify)
• All hires will need to confirm their eligibility to work in the United States by participating in the USCIS e-Verify program
• Candidates will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug and background screen according to State law