We don’t just like what we do at Aerobiology, we love it! We are looking for an experienced Asbestos Microscopist who loves analyzing asbestos as much as we do. Someone who loves the challenge of finding it, identifying it, and going the extra mile to help our customers understand why in the world it is in their space. Spend one day with our amazing staff and you will see that not only do they love what they do, but they enjoy teaching and training others that have the drive to learn more.
Why Work at Pace:
Mission Statement: Working together to protect our environment and improve our health.
- Benefits start first of the following month you start!
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 401K Retirement Plan with a company match
- Employee Referral – refer someone, if they are hired and stay 30 days, you earn a $1,000 bonus
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life, disability and voluntary benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition Program
• Thorough understanding of laboratory practices, ethics, and quality assurance requirements
• Conscientious and detail-oriented
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Communicates well
• Works well on a team with minimal supervision
• Can easily navigate Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook and Excel
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ATE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Receiving samples and processing them into our LIMS
• Creating asbestos analytical reports
• Record data in our LIMS and report generation
• Perform report/sample QC to ensure accurate data
• Participate in proficiency testing program
• Maintain and troubleshoot equipment
• Assist clients in understanding laboratory analyses and results
- A 4-year degree in Geology or other related sciences OR certification from a bona-fide asbestos microscopy program will be accepted. AND
- Minimum of one (2) years of environmental commercial or governmental or state laboratory experience in asbestos analysis. AND
- A basic understanding of the quality assurance requirements related to asbestos analysis.
• All hires will need to confirm their eligibility to work in the United States by participating in the USCIS e-Verify program.
• Candidates will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug and background screen.
• Bona fide college/university transcripts will be required. Further details will be provided at time of interview.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a lab and office setting, use standard office and lab equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in a lab and office setting. Work is subject chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a lab setting.
Aerobiology Laboratory Associates, Inc. has provided microbial indoor air quality services for over twenty years. Since its inception, Aerobiology has grown, adding lab locations and services while gaining industry recognition through key certification and accreditation bodies including the Environmental Microbiology Laboratory Accreditation Program (EMLAP), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) ELITE Program, and the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP). We have AIHA accredited environmental labs in Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Pennsauken Township, NJ; Huntington Beach, CA; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Downers Grove, IL; Fort Worth, TX; Melville, NY; and Shoreline, WA. Our headquarters lab is located in Dulles, VA. We have a Supply Center located in Morrisville, North Carolina; and our Service Center is located in New York City. This Service Center receives client samples for distribution to our laboratories.
In 2020, Aerobiology was acquired by Pace Analytical® Services, LLC. For decades, Pace has been the trusted source for quality environmental and life sciences lab testing and analysis and the resource for scientific lab staffing, regulatory, and equipment services. Pace delivers better science to businesses, industries, consulting firms, government agencies, and more through the largest, American-owned and nationally certified laboratory network.
Please visit these websites for further information about the companies –
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM