We believe everyone wants to be part of a company that is growing. If this opportunity peaks your interest, Aerobiology Laboratory Associates, a division of Pace Analytical Services, LLC is searching for an experienced Environmental Lab Manager for our existing facility in Pennsauken, New Jersey. If you want to be part of a well-established lab; be involved in its continued growth; and work for a well-known and respected environmental company – then this is the job for you!
After 22 years with the company, the current Laboratory Manager is retiring. The new Manager will provide leadership and be responsible for ensuring compliance of laboratory operations. You will maintain/adjust workflow to meet TAT, make recommendations, as needed, to improve laboratory functionality, and supervising staff. We need you: someone possessing knowledge of microbiology, bacteriology, and/or asbestos analyses.
On the QA side you will have responsibility for the development, implementation and on-going assessment of our Quality Assurance Program and providing your expertise as the Technical Manager. You will oversee the QA program, maintain establishment of frequency and type of quality control (QC) samples to be analyzed, the summary and analysis of QC data, the correction of problems indicated by QC, the proper storage and integrity of analytical and QC data, the appropriate audits of analysis results and the overall program, and the documentation of laboratory quality system deficiencies. Along with an annual audit, you will be expected to conduct ongoing reviews which include the examination of all proficiency testing data, preparation and/or review of monthly and/or quarterly control charts and review of any corrective actions taken by analysts to counteract unacceptable internal quality standards.
If you are the type of person that would enjoy this challenge and are willing to put forth the effort, Aerobiology will support you in every way to continue to make this laboratory a success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Biology, or related life sciences; advanced degree desired
- at least three (3) years of supervisory and/or management experience with knowledge of laboratory analyses, laboratory operations and management techniques in a commercial environmental laboratory
- at least five (5) years analytical experience involving analysis of spore traps, direct microscopic exam of bulk/swabs/tapes, viable bacterial, fungal cultures, and/or preparation and analysis of environmental samples using PLM and PCM
- QA/QC experience in lab setting
- Must have excellent communication skills; foster teamwork; and have the ability to multi-task
- The Laboratory Manager shall also have documented training in statistics or quality control procedures (see NOTE below).
NOTE: Appropriate documentation of training in statistics or laboratory quality assurance/quality control shall include at least one of the following:
- College level course in statistics;
- Continuing education in laboratory quality assurance/quality control (e.g., AIHA-LAP, LLC or equivalent course); or
- Relevant experience – documented examples of the level of quality assurance/quality control used in applicable work experience.
- All hires will need to confirm their eligibility to work in the United States by participating in the USCIS e-Verify program.
- Candidates will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug and background screen.
- Bona fide college/university transcripts will be required. Further details will be provided at time of interview.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not call the lab. Our HR Department is offsite and we review all resumes that are received.
Aerobiology Laboratory Associates, Inc. has provided microbial indoor air quality services for over twenty years. Since its inception, Aerobiology has grown, adding lab locations and services while gaining industry recognition through key certification and accreditation bodies including the Environmental Microbiology Laboratory Accreditation Program (EMLAP), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) ELITE Program, and the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP). We have AIHA accredited environmental labs in Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Pennsauken Township, NJ; Huntington Beach, CA; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Fort Worth, TX; Melville, NY; and Downers Grove, IL Our headquarters lab is located in Dulles, VA. We have a Supply Center located in Morrisville, North Carolina; and a Service Center is located in New York City that receives client samples for distribution to our laboratories.
In 2020, Aerobiology was acquired by Pace Analytical® Services, LLC. For decades, Pace has been the trusted source for quality environmental and life sciences lab testing and analysis and the resource for scientific lab staffing, regulatory, and equipment services. Pace delivers better science to businesses, industries, consulting firms, government agencies, and more through the largest, American-owned and nationally certified laboratory network.
We offer a benefit package that includes company-subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Accidental Death Insurance, HAS, FSA, eight (8) Paid Legal/Company Holidays yearly, two (2) paid Floating Holidays (dependent upon hire date), Vacation, Sick Leave, matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, and Employee Assistance Plan among other benefits.
Please visit the website shown below for further information about our parent company, Pace Analytical Services LLC