Scientist 1, PLM/PCM Asbestos Microscopist
We don’t just like what we do at Aerobiology, we love it! We are looking for candidates who love working in a laboratory as much as we do. We will train you to be a TEM Asbestos Microscopist. No prior asbestos experience necessary. Spend one day with our amazing staff and you will see that not only do they love what they do, but they enjoy teaching and training others that have the drive to learn more.
Why Work at Pace:
Mission Statement: Working together to protect our environment and improve our health.
- WE TRAIN!
- Benefits start first of the month following your start date!
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 401K Retirement Plan with a company match
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account
- Life, disability and voluntary benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition Program
• Thorough understanding of laboratory practices, ethics, and quality assurance requirements
• Conscientious and detail-oriented
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Communicates well
• Excellent hand dexterity
• Works well on a team with minimal supervision
• Can easily navigate Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook and Excel
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Receiving PLM/PCM samples and processing them into our LIMS
• Creating asbestos analytical reports
• Preparing and analyzing bulk asbestos samples using PLM
• Preparing and analyzing air cassettes using PCM
• Record data in our LIMS and report generation
• Perform report/sample QC to ensure accurate data
• Participate in proficiency testing program
• Maintain and troubleshoot equipment
• Assist clients in understanding laboratory analyses and results
- 4 year degree in Geology or other related science
• All hires will need to confirm their eligibility to work in the United States by participating in the USCIS e-Verify program.
• Candidates will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug and background screen.
• Bona fide college/university transcripts will be required. Further details will be provided at time of interview.
Aerobiology Laboratory Associates, Inc. has provided microbial indoor air quality services for over twenty years. Since its inception, Aerobiology has grown, adding lab locations and services while gaining industry recognition through key certification and accreditation bodies including the Environmental Microbiology Laboratory Accreditation Program (EMLAP), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) ELITE Program, and the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP). We have AIHA accredited environmental labs in Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO; Phoenix, AZ; Pennsauken Township, NJ; Huntington Beach, CA; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Downers Grove, IL; Fort Worth, TX; Shoreline, WA and Woburn, MA. We also offer microbiological analyses in laboratories located in Fort Worth, TX and Melville, NY. Our headquarters lab is located in Dulles, VA. Our Supply Center is located in Morrisville, North Carolina; and a Service Center is located in New York City. This Service Center receives client samples for distribution to our laboratories.
In 2020, Aerobiology was acquired by Pace Analytical® Services, LLC. For decades, Pace has been the trusted source for quality environmental and life sciences lab testing and analysis and the resource for scientific lab staffing, regulatory, and equipment services. Pace delivers better science to businesses, industries, consulting firms, government agencies, and more through the largest, American-owned and nationally certified laboratory network.
Please visit these websites for further information about the companies –